*I continue to add FAQ updates as I field questions. If you have anything new, please ask.
**View the AUTHOR VISIT PACKET.
I visited about 45 schools in the 2018-2019 school year and hope to do the same this year. Email me with any dates that you have in mind along with the number of presentations you are considering.
• December 2019 booked, but I may be able to squeeze you in on an AM (8-11-30) or PM (12:30-3:30) slot.
• 2020- Jan.-May several dates still open.
Michael Wayne firstname.lastname@example.org
• FREE for 1 to 4 presentations/assemblies in a day within two hours of Yorkville, IL. Please try to schedule presentations together in the a.m. or p.m. if possible.
• Travel expenses beyond two hours. Email me with your location and number of presentations for specifics. (If you received a postcard from me, no fee is required.)
WHY NO FEE?
There’s no catch. The students’ pre-ordered books from my visits is my fee.
As a kid, my elementary school was unable to bring in authors, so I try to keep that in mind. I plan to remain fee free in my region in the foreseeable future.
If you do have a budget in place for author visits, you could buy some of my books for your students or feel free to use it to bring in another author during the school year.
My main goal and passion is to support literacy and creativity.
NUMBER OF PRESENTATIONS/STUDENTS
• 1 to 4 presentations in a day for free regional visits.
• The visual nature of my presentation makes it work for small or large groups. I’m open to anything from one grade level at a time to a whole school assembly.
• Available for no fee Web/ Skype visits in the US and beyond.
• Not currently scheduling evening events.
• Once scheduled, I send 1 complimentary paperback (yay, free book!) so that the librarians/teachers may familiarize students with my work. I’ve found this approach beneficial for developing excitement for presentations.
• My picture books are for the preK – 2nd grade age group, so typically my presentations center around those ages. However, the information is relevant to creative writing for olders, and I have presented to all levels of elementary and middle school.
• Schools/libraries typically provide a computer, projector, and screen. I bring a flash drive (helps avoid compatibility issues, but if I need to bring a laptop, just let me know). Please provide a microphone for large groups, especially in a gym.
• Flexible, but 35 minutes for Pre-K and 45 minutes for 1st-6th is typical.
– I bring signed books the day of the presentation (no need to order through a distributor or anything).
– The book pre-order form (in the Author Visit Packet) is copied and passed out to students a week or two prior to my arrival.
– The teacher/librarian collects the pre-order forms and money prior to my visit.
– I sign students’ names in the books during a break, and teachers distribute books at the end of that, or the next, school day.
– Hardcovers are available through Ingram Book Company (and most school/ library distribution channels). Regular priced hardcovers available at BarnesandNoble.com.
*Only SNOWMAN VS. YOU currently available in hardcover. The other titles may happen in the future.
– For a few paperback copies prior to or after the visit, Amazon ordering is the easiest. I’ll also have extra copies for purchase the day of the visit.
– For bulk paperback copies, please contact me directly for discount and arrangements.
Happy to provide if desired.