*I CONTINUE TO ADD FAQ UPDATES AS I FIELD QUESTIONS.
IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING NEW, PLEASE ASK.
IN-PERSON AUTHOR VISIT FAQ
Email me with any dates that you have in mind along with the number of presentations you are considering.
I’ve visited hundreds of schools and would love to visit your school, too.
Michael Wayne firstname.lastname@example.org
• $250 fee for 1 to 2 presentations/assemblies scheduled in an AM (8-11:30am) or PM (12:30-4pm) school day within two hours of Yorkville, IL.
– reduced to $200 fee if paired with evening presentation.
• $400 fee for 3 to 4 presentations/assemblies within two hours of Yorkville, IL.
– reduced to $300 fee if paired with evening presentation.
• $400 fee for family/ evening events.
• The visual nature of my presentation makes it work for small or large groups.
I’m open to anything from one grade level at a time to a whole school assembly.
– One K-5 gym assembly or
– Two grade-level groupings of K-2nd & 3rd-5th or
– Four grade-level groups such as K then 1st then 2nd then 3rd
(This all depends on school preference, school size, etc. so other scenarios are also common.)
• Presentation times:
– 35 minutes- 1st-2nd
– 40 minutes- 3rd-6th
– 35 minutes- all grade assembly
– 25 minutes- PreK-K
– 35 minutes, plus 15 – 25 minutes meet and greet- Family Literacy Night
• Available for Virtual Visits in the US and beyond.
• Travel expenses beyond two hours. Email me with your location and number of presentations for specifics.
(If you received a postcard from me, no additional travel fee is required.)
• STUDENT PRE-ORDERS-
– I bring signed books the day of the presentation (no need to order through a distributor or anything).
– The book pre-order form is copied and/or digitally posted/sent home with students two weeks or so prior to my arrival.
– PRE-ORDER FORM LINKED HERE
– Digital announcement and link:
Author/illustrator Michael Wayne is coming to our school!
GET SIGNED BOOKS!
– Order online at michaelwaynebooks.com/shop
Select shipping method (School Name) Event Delivery for free delivery to school.
– Or print this Book Order form and return it to school.
– The teacher/librarian collects the printed pre-order forms and money prior to my visit.
– I sign students’ names in the books during a break, and teachers distribute books at the end of that, or the next, school day.
Here’s a blank Signing List doc that may be helpful, especially if emailing to me prior to my visit.
• SCHOOL BULK PRE-ORDERS-
-Some schools purchase books to give to students, but it isn’t required.
(I will be happy to supply a W-9 if needed.)
-Discounts off $7.95 retail for 25 books or more:
• 15%, 25 books, $6.75 each ($168)
• 25%, 50 books, $5.96 each ($298)
• 35%, 100 books, $5.16 each ($516)
– Hardcovers are not available.
– I’ll have extra copies for purchase the day of the visit.
• Once scheduled, I send 1 complimentary paperback set (yay, free books!) so that the librarians/teachers may familiarize students with my work. I’ve found this approach beneficial for developing excitement for presentations.
• Schools/libraries typically provide a computer, projector, and screen. I bring a flash drive (helps avoid compatibility issues, but if I need to bring a laptop (HDMI hookup only), just let me know). Please provide a microphone for large groups of 125 students or more, especially in a gym. This is GREATLY appreciated as it saves my voice.