*I CONTINUE TO ADD FAQ UPDATES AS I FIELD QUESTIONS.
IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING NEW, PLEASE ASK.
IN-PERSON AUTHOR VISIT FAQ
**View the AUTHOR VISIT PACKET.
Email me with any dates that you have in mind along with the number of presentations you are considering. I’ve visited over 80 schools in the last two school years and would love to visit your school, too.
Michael Wayne firstname.lastname@example.org
• $250 fee for 1 to 2 presentations/assemblies scheduled in an AM (8-11:30am) or PM (12:30-4pm) school day within two hours of Yorkville, IL.
• $400 fee for 3 to 4 presentations/assemblies within two hours of Yorkville, IL.
• $400 fee for evening events (not connected to daytime visit).
• The visual nature of my presentation makes it work for small or large groups. I’m open to anything from one grade level at a time to a whole school assembly. (Typical schedule- One K-5 gym assembly or two grade level groupings of K-2nd & 3rd-5th)
• Presentation is 35 minutes K-2nd, 45 minutes 3rd-6th
• Available for Virtual Visits in the US and beyond.
• Travel expenses beyond two hours. Email me with your location and number of presentations for specifics. (If you received a postcard from me, no additional travel fee is required.)
• STUDENT PRE-ORDERS-
– I bring signed books the day of the presentation (no need to order through a distributor or anything).
– The book pre-order form (in the Author Visit Packet) is copied and passed out to students two weeks or so prior to my arrival.
– The teacher/librarian collects the pre-order forms and money prior to my visit.
– I sign students’ names in the books during a break, and teachers distribute books at the end of that, or the next, school day. Here’s a blank Signing List doc that may be helpful, especially if emailing to me prior to my visit.
• SCHOOL BULK PRE-ORDERS-
-Some schools purchase books to give to students, but it isn’t required.
(I will be happy to supply a W-9 if needed.)
-Discounts off $7.95 retail for 25 books or more:
• 15%, 25 books, $6.75 each ($168)
• 25%, 50 books, $5.96 each ($298)
• 35%, 100 books, $5.16 each ($516)
-Hardcovers are available through Ingram Book Company (and most school/ library distribution channels). Regular priced hardcovers available at BarnesandNoble.com.
*Only SNOWMAN VS. YOU currently available in hardcover. The other titles may happen in the future.
– For a few paperback copies prior to or after the visit, Amazon ordering is the easiest. I’ll also have extra copies for purchase the day of the visit.
• Once scheduled, I send 1 complimentary paperback set (yay, free books!) so that the librarians/teachers may familiarize students with my work. I’ve found this approach beneficial for developing excitement for presentations.
• Schools/libraries typically provide a computer, projector, and screen. I bring a flash drive (helps avoid compatibility issues, but if I need to bring a laptop (HDMI hookup only), just let me know). Please provide a microphone for large groups of 125 students or more, especially in a gym. This saves my voice so is greatly appreciated.