Now scheduling for FALL/WINTER 2018, including FREE Skype visits.
BOOK LOOK (Pre & K)
Michael introduces concepts of bookmaking.
• Author read aloud
• Silly business- how the right words make a snowman silly
• How to draw a snowman- three circles, a carrot, and a smile
• How to act like a snowman- the right moves make him realistic
REVISION DECISIONS (First grade and up)
Michael connects his creative process with students’ creative writing.
• Idea development- a spark of an idea grew into books
• Rough drafts- messy copies and messy pictures came first
• Revision- changed the words and expressions to fit the character and the story
• Books- from computer to bookshelf
Michael is a certified elementary and middle school teacher with a Master of Fine Arts degree in Creative Writing for Children. He has several years of classroom and outreach teaching experience.
See the AUTHOR VISIT FAQ for more details.
“You were awesome with our little ones! I was amazed how you captivated their attention!”
Ms. S., Teacher
Mrs. D., Teacher
Mrs. R., Teacher
Tera B., Teacher
You write awesome books!”
Mallory, 3rd grade Student
Journey, 1st grade Student
Jacob, 5th grade Student