Now scheduling for 2018 and 2019.
– School Visits
– Family Literacy Nights
– Public Library Visits
– Internet/ Skype visits
Michael is a certified elementary and middle school teacher with a Master of Fine Arts degree in Creative Writing for Children. He has several years of classroom and outreach teaching experience.
AUTHOR VISIT FAQ
BOOK LOOK (Pre-K – 2nd grade)
Michael introduces concepts of bookmaking.
• Author read aloud
• Silly business- how the right words make a snowman silly
• How to draw a snowman- three circles, a carrot, and a smile
• How to act like a snowman- the right moves make him realistic
REVISION DECISIONS (3rd grade and up)
Michael connects his creative process with students’ creative writing.
• Idea development- a spark of an idea grew into books
• Rough drafts- messy copies and messy pictures came first
• Revision- changed the words and expressions to fit the character and the story
• Books- from computer to bookshelf
AUTHOR VISIT ACTIVITIES
A few fun and educational activities for before and after my visit.
“You were awesome with our little ones! I was amazed how you captivated their attention!”
Ms. S., Teacher
Mrs. D., Teacher
Mrs. R., Teacher
Tera B., Teacher
You write awesome books!”
Mallory, 3rd grade Student
Journey, 1st grade Student
Jacob, 5th grade Student